The main functions of the Burgmann Anglican School Board are to develop strategic directions and policies, and to govern the school in accordance with the School’s Ordinance. The Board Chair and Deputy Chair are appointed by the Diocesan Schools’ Council (DSC) with the approval of the Bishop. There are five other DSC nominees on the Board as well as the School Principal, the Rector of the Gungahlin Anglican Parish and nominees from the Parish Council. The Board typically meets ten times each year and has sub committees that meet as required to discuss Building and Grounds, Finance and Risk and other issues.
The Board comprises people from diverse backgrounds including education, ministry, law, administration, engineering, cartography, accounting and risk management. The skills contributed by the Board members are invaluable in considering the wide range of issues that are discussed at each Board meeting.
- Bishop Stuart Robinson (Visitor)
- Mrs Natalie Vandepeer-Bradley, BA, Cert Teach, AUA (Board Chair)
- Mr Nicholas Sellars, BA, BSc (Hons) (Deputy Chair)
- Mr Steven Bowers, Dip Teach, BEd, MEdAdmin
- Rev Michael Dasey, BTh, BA, Dip Ed
- Mr Bill Daniels AM (BA)
- Mrs Heather Walsh
- Brigadier Craig Furini
- Prof Morag McArthur, BSocSc, PG Higher Ed, PhD
- Mr Andrew Metcalfe AO
Secretary to Board
- Mr Joel Anderson, BBus, CPA