Mission & Philosophy
Burgmann Anglican School has a covenant with the Gungahlin Anglican Church to present the gospel of Christ in the school community.
With this covenant in mind the mission of the school is to:
- provide an educational environment that challenges and inspires each child to achieve their personal potential in intellectual, ethical, aesthetic, emotional, social and physical development;
- meet individual and common needs by providing a creative and balanced curriculum which aims to produce excellence within a Christian framework.
We believe that each person is a unique individual created by God with their own special gifts, strengths, and needs.
Our philosophy impacts on our core values which aim to:
- provide a supportive and inspirational learning environment which responds to the child's needs in all aspects of their education;
- engage the child in their own learning to develop a love of learning;
- foster an atmosphere of innovation, risk-taking, creativity and inquiry;
- encourage children to achieve their personal best in all instances;
- model Christian behaviours of commitment, self-discipline, care, respect, acceptance, forgiveness and servanthood;
- develop a sense of community and ownership within the school;
- provide an aesthetically pleasing environment through the design and construction of the facilities;
- encourage parents to form a partnership with the school;
- explore a broader education that facilitates responsible, confident, empathetic and compassionate contributors to the wellbeing of society.
We want to support people who are searching for meaning and are looking for a place where their children will be cared for and educated in an environment built upon Christian values.
We want to provide staff with a place to work that supports them as people, inspires excellence and encourages innovation and creativity.